The Origins Of Halloween!


How it all began!

Halloween dates back about 2,000 years to the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain! The Celts celebrated their new year on the 1st November the day marks the end of summer and autumn then marks the beginning of the dark cold nights of the winter, which was a time of year they associated with fear and death, Celts believed that on the night before the new year the bounds between the living and the dead became blurred and were merged together for one night that caused terror for the Celts. On the night of October 31st, they celebrated Samhain when it was believed that the ghosts of the dead returned to earth. In addition to causing trouble and damaging crops, Celts thought that the presence of the dead made it easier for the Druids or Celtic priests, to make predictions on the future!
People depended on these predictions to survive this world that is liable to change rapidly and unpredictably, especially for the worse. these prophecies were an important source of comfort and direction during the long dark winter!

My Halloween Plans!

For Halloween, my costume is a horse rider who has been trampled by a horse and it works out perfectly because I have ripped jodphurs from ages ago when I was out on a hack and my jodphurs got a small hole in them and then when I got off the horse I was riding called Peanut, the hole got caught in the stirrup and I had a hole right down my left leg! So I do still have those jodphurs somewhere and I hope we will find them when we do my room because they are a key part of my costume, I'm also going to take an old riding shirt cut it up a slight but not too much though and then draw on some black hoof prints for the trampled effect! Then in my head, I'm going to have a red hoof print to show what Killed me, I'm also going to try and get a cheap hoof pick cut in half and then stick it to both sides of my hand, so the story behind me being killed is, I was picking out a horses hoof and it started spooking and then it broke free and stood on my had which pushed the hoofpick through my hand and ten trampled the rest of my body and killed me! During the half-term holidays, My stables do horse riding events like games hacking out and fun jumping! Me and my favourite horse Percy are doing the fun jumping competition together and I'm going to give him devil horns to make him look like he's the devil horse that killed me!
This is Percy and I can't wait to give him devil horns and give him some other accessories to make him as devilish as possible! 


I found these accessories on Amazon that I could use for Percy!

So thats y Halloween cotume and comment what your Halloween costume is going to be because I am really interested to find out!

Thanks for reading and ride on! XXX


Comments